Full stack development is an increasingly popular term used to describe a software developer who has some experience with both front-end and back-end technologies. However, full-stack developers are not just “Jacks of all trades”, as it requires knowledge about various programming languages, frameworks for web development, and other skills that make them more valuable in the job market.
In this article, we will discuss the 6 best full stack combinations and which technologies should be used by a full-stack developer! The article also includes information about how you can become one too, so if you’re interested read on!
- What is Full Stack Development?
- How To Become A Full Stack Developer?
- The 6 best full stack combinations in 2022
- LAMP (Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, and PHP)
- MEAN (MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, and Node.js)
- MERN (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, and Node.js)
- Spring Boot with Spring/Java EE
- Full Stack Developer Skills
- Full Stack Developer Salary
- Full Stack Developer Salary Based On Experience
- There are many combinations to choose from but some are more popular than others!
What is Full Stack Development?
Full stack development is a term used to describe a web developer who can work with both front-end and back-end technologies. It is a developer who can work with both the client and server side of a website.
Full Stack Web Developer: A full-stack web developer (or simply “full-stack”) is someone who has experience in both front-end and back-end technologies. In other words, they have knowledge of both sides of the application development process — from its business logic down to its presentation layer.
How To Become A Full Stack Developer?
It’s a difficult path to tread down, but it is one that will be worth it in the end. The market trend shows that full stack developers are the most sought-after developers on platforms like HackerRank, where they have an average salary of $95K and a high demand of 80%.
The 6 best full stack combinations in 2022
There are a number of frameworks and languages out there that you can use for creating full stack applications. However, some are better suited for certain types of full stack developer jobs than others. The best way to determine which one suits your needs is through experience and research. Below, we’ve listed the top 6 best full stack combinations in 2022:
- Ruby on Rails (ROR)
- Java Spring Boot
LAMP (Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, and PHP)
LAMP, which stands for Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, and PHP is a popular combination of open-source software used to build websites. The LAMP stack has been around since 1995 and is still one of the best full stack combinations.
LAMP stacks are usually used to run dynamic websites that need databases or if you’re building a web application with a backend application in PHP (like WordPress).
MEAN (MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, and Node.js)
Let’s first look at what each of these components does in MEAN:
- MongoDB is a document-oriented NoSQL database that provides high availability and horizontal scaling with dynamic schemas.
- Express is a minimalistic web framework for NodeJS that helps you create web applications running on top of NodeJS with ease and speed.
- You can also choose from a variety of templating languages available out there like Mustache templates but I believe most developers prefer writing their templates directly inside .html files because it’s more intuitive & easier too 🙂
MERN (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, and Node.js)
MERN stands for MongoDB, ExpressJS, ReactJS and Nodejs. The most popular databases are MySQL, Postgresql and MongoDB so let’s say we’ll go with Mongo here as well because it is one of the fastest NoSQL databases out there
You can also choose to use RESTful API instead of WebSockets (socket-based). In this case, you would need some sort of framework like express to handle requests from your app or mobile device
Django is a high-level Python web framework that encourages rapid development and clean design. It’s free and open-source, and you can use it to build anything from a single page to a large app.
Django uses the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern, which means each bit of functionality is separated into its own layer in your code base. Things like database interaction or user authentication are handled through classes called models; the views are responsible for presenting data, and controllers handle links between pages in your application.
Ruby on Rails is a web application framework written in Ruby. It is most commonly used with the Ruby programming language.
Rails include everything needed to create database-backed web applications according to the model–view–controller (MVC) pattern, using standard conventions such as Active Record for modeling data, Action Pack for controller and view rendering, and Active Resource for accessing RESTful web services.
All Rails applications are based on MVC architecture (Model-View-Controller), which separates an application into three interconnected parts: models composed of code that represents data; views consisting of code that displays data from models; and controllers responsible for receiving external requests from clients or servers, processing them via business logic, sending their output back to those same clients or servers as responses.
Spring Boot with Spring/Java EE
Spring Boot is a framework that allows you to create web applications using the Java platform. It’s a part of the Spring Framework, which is an open-source project maintained by Pivotal Software.
Spring Boot uses convention over configuration, which means that it lets you skip writing boilerplate code such as setting up your database or adding logging configurations, and instead focuses on what makes sense for your application. In addition to being lightweight and easy to configure, Spring Boot also reduces the amount of time required for developing web applications by providing auto-configuration logic that can be used in conjunction with many other conveniences such as JPA (Java Persistence API), Hibernate ORM (Object Relational Mapping), RESTful services, GORM (Grails Object Relational Mapping) etcetera.
Full Stack Developer Skills
- Full stack developers are expected to have a wide range of skills, from UI/UX design to back-end development.
- A full stack developer should be able to work with both server-side and client-side programming in order to build an all-encompassing solution for their clients.
Full Stack Developer Salary
The average full stack developer salary is $100,000. This is just an average, though—salary is based on experience, location, and other factors like that. The US has a higher overall salary than other countries and the San Francisco Bay Area has a higher overall salary than other cities. The UK also has a higher full stack developer salary than most other countries.
Full Stack Developer Salary Based On Experience
With experience, you can expect to make a lot of money as a Full Stack Developer.
- Full Stack Developers with 3-5 years of experience can make around $80,000 per year
- Full Stack Developers with 5-7 years of experience can make around $100,000 per year
- Full Stack Developers with 7-9 years of experience can make around $130,000 per year
There are many combinations to choose from but some are more popular than others!
There are many combinations to choose from but some are more popular than others!
- Java & Python
- This is a great combination if you want to learn both languages at the same time. Since one language depends on the other, it’s easier for beginners who don’t know much about programming to pick up both at once. The reason this combo is so popular is that it’s easy to learn and has plenty of resources available online.
- This one isn’t as popular as the previous two but it still has the advantages that make it worth learning if you have time constraints or are just starting out with tech careers in general. In terms of popularity alone, this may seem like a no-brainer choice since Node JS ranks fifth out of all other programming languages by usage right now according to Stack Overflow stats (2019). However, there are many alternatives available so make sure what suits your needs before committing yourself fully to anything else that comes along later on down the line!
Full stack development is a great career path for those who enjoy being able to do different tasks and learn new skills on the job. You’ll be rewarded with creativity, flexibility, and a sense of accomplishment when your work is done well.
The best part of this job is that you can work from home or set your own schedule if needed because many companies are willing to hire remote developers these days! This means no more commuting in traffic every day just so you can get into the office before 9 am!
Full stack developers need to be able to work on both the front end and back end, which is why they usually have an understanding of how all parts of an application communicate with each other.
A full stack developer will typically have experience programming for iOS, Android phones, and tablets as well as web browsers such as Chrome or Safari. They may also know something about server-side languages like Ruby on Rails or PHP since they will often create databases using those tools while building out their applications.
10+ Yrs Experienced Skill Development Trainer | Educator | Digital & Content Strategist. Helping freshers and graduates make sound career choices through practical consultation. Guest faculty and Digital Marketing trainer working on building a skill development brand in Softspace Solutions.
4 thoughts on “6 best full stack combinations for 2022 | You must choose one”
There’s definitely a lot to know about this issue. I really like all the points you made.
UI Development training in Bangalore
Hi I have read a lot from this blog thank you for sharing this information. We provide all the essential topics in Full stack development like, Data science, Python, AI and Machine Learning, Tableau, etc. for more information just log in to our website full stack developer course in Hyderabad
Awesome. I loved it. Please go to this website for Full Stack Developer Course in bangalore These courses are wonderful for professionals
Thanks for sharing such an informative article. keep up the good work. I will recommend this. please post this type of valuable content.